Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Am i changed ?????

It was 5 P.M. Friday evening. I got up from my chair ready to leave. Happy that weekend was coming. No need to think of office stuff for next 2 days. Wished my colleagues bye and left my floor. I was at ground floor in no time thanks to high speed elevator. The floor was almost vacant as most of them left early for the weekend. In US weekend starts from Thursday evening itself. All start to talk about the weekend plans from Thursday evening itself and Friday all day they dream about the coming 2 days. As I walked towards the exit I remembered that I haven’t wished the security personnel good bye. I walked towards his desk. He was busy reading a novel. I wished him bye. He wished me back too. I was out of office and walking towards my bus stop. On the way I just remembered how I used to treat the security employees in my Bangalore office. I never used to wish them. Whenever they asked me to display the ID card I used to groan at them. Am I changed after coming to US, or is it I have become more respectful after coming here. I really don’t know. But one thing for sure once I return to India I will be more humble towards every one respecting the dignity of labor.

1 comment:

Cuckoo said...

:)
No, you haven't changed but have started respecting /adapting the culture of other country where if you don't do it, it'd be considered as ill manners whereas in India sometimes these things are looked upon as insane behaviour especially if you start wishing your veg vendor/presswala/maid/any stranger in the lift etc.

Correct me if I am wrong.