Friday, April 10, 2009

Two years in US

It’s been two years since I have landed in US. I was sent to US on a short 6-month assignment which lasted only for 3-months, but was immediately relocated on a long term assignment within the US. During this period met some wonderful people and boy oh boy I have tons of memories to cherish for rest of my life. Made some new friendships which are going strong and hopefully they will last forever.

Some memorable events in past 2 years are:

  • My first cup of coffee in Starbucks at Philadelphia airport (First thing that I did as soon as I landed in US)
  • Watching US open Men’s single finals at Arthur Ashe Stadium.
  • The ELTP-242 reunion (sort of) in Vegas (Myself, Sumit and Ravi though Kiran missed out)
  • Visiting Google Campus in Mountain View
  • Skiing in Lake Tahoe
  • Road trip from Atlanta to Washington DC (Drove some 800 miles only a week after I started to learn driving)

    And finally I wish to express my gratitude to few people who made my life in US a lot easier:

    Amit Baid - Learnt a lot from you dude (What to eat in a restaurant, How much to tip, which cocktail are good, car driving, car insurance, vageera vageera…………. I guess I can write a book of it :) )

    Amit and Sunita: For all the wonderful weekend getaway and weekend games.

    Muthu Pandian: Dude thanks for talking to me on all available topics in the world.

    All my Roomies and Ex-roomies for tolerating me!! (Iranna, Ranadheer, Venkat, Prashanth, Deba, Gopi, Guru, Hari, Sateesh, Prabhakar and Kunal)

    Sunil Shivanand and Sumit kumar: For all the trips we did……. And I know Euro trip is still pending.

    Siva and Vasu: For being great colleagues and supporting me at work.

    Sheetal: For always remembering me to Visit India (Well I promise that this year I will plan to visit India :) )

7 comments:

Athahar said...

Awesome dude.. Two years.. way 2 go man... i remember you teling me that you'l be there in US ma 6 months ..abbaba andre ondu varsha...
But 2 years.. i guess your parents must be really worried.. now ;)

And also these days dollar to rupee value is increasing.. so no interest in coming back huh.??

Raghu said...

Athahar,

Yep the initial stay duration was for 6 months but now due to this recession i guess it will go bit long.

Thanks for visiting the blog and keep coming.

Sumit said...

Awesome dude .. but didn't u enjoyed ur trip to all special places u visited in every city in US :D ..

Raghu said...

Sumit,

Well i enjoyed all those TRIPS but there are not in the memorable category ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for remembering INDIA and me ofcourse :D Hope to meet you soon in Bangalore. Btw I would like to thank you as well for helping me with all the inital hiccups in US..

Sheetal said...

Well FYI the previous comment if from me --Sheetal

Raghu said...

Sheetal,

Thanks for visiting and keep coming